Vegetable Washes & Odour?

keldrewett

Tried a Vegetable based wash recently, worked just OK, but the odour was terrible.
What are you guys using with good cutting power and no odour??

Re: Vegetable Washes & Odour?

KEL The one I tried had very little odour thats the bottcher BIO-3 basically the only time I could smell it is if I put my face right near the press guard to check the squirt timming of the auto wash. But it definatly isn't as easy to use as the normal washes.(read my thread about it to see why)
Was the wash you used 100% veg based or like a 50/50 veg/pertrolium ?

Check out Amerikal and their Genesis washes, they are bio-based with extremely low VOC's

Kel, have you had a chance to trial anymore washes..?
I'm keen to hear if anyone has used fluid technologies lovo 100 wash PM me if you have.

Well tried a wash from fluid technolgies - KV100 which is 100% veg based, and it works great, hardly any wash is needed to get the job done, and I have had none of the problems that I encounted with the Bio-3 wash, and to top it off there's nearly zero odure, so to anyone here in aus that has had limited success with veg based washes, give this one a trial, you will be amazed..
We are by no means a huge company but we have now managed to go from high VOC washes/solvents and high IPA levels to a 100% veg wash with near zero VOC's and with the use of Allstar Ultra fount solution cut our IPA usage by 80% from 10% dosage too 2% and soon too 0% with the use of lower shore hardness water rollers, and yes thats while using poly plates. I'm stoked as I now suffer no more chemical headaches, and no longer stink of chemicals at the end of shift

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back