Consumable compatiblity with rollers

pacificiam

Hi,

We are facing lot of issue regarding roller hardness. My operator raised point this issue might be because of chemicals. But right now I am not is position to justify his statment.

Kindly let me know how to check that, roller hardness incresing due to chemicals?

Have your roller supplier perform a' swell test' using your current solvents/chemistry. This will show if your chemistry is attacking the rubber. I assume you are checking roller Durometer on your new rollers before they are installed to establish the baseline. Maybe your roller supplier is sending you harder rollers!
Have you changed chemistry, fountain solution or roller supplier lately?
When did this issue first appear has it been a gradual issue or just happened?
Do you have a regular roller maintenance program in place?
Do your operators know how to correctly set the rollers for your particular press?

Hi,

We are checking roller hardness before installing. We havent changed any chemistry.
This is not first time we are facing this issue.

We are facing this issue all the our presses.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back