poor rub resistance

aqazi81

A friend of mine got complaint about letterheads that he printed on offset. ink coming off the offset coated paper when printed through laser printer. Its a spot Orange color. any help would be much appreciated.

This is all I know, I have printed sample in front of me but not much details either. Anyways I read somewhere on this forum that wax based offset inks cause this issue on laser printers.

Sir,

Let me provide a little generic info on inks for laser print finishing.

The ingredients, properties built into an ink formulation designed specifically for laser imprint go much beyond the type of wax. It involves the resin types in the vehicle system, solids content, VOC %, pigment types and the inks rheology to name a few. They must be designed to be laser compatible.

Further, the variation in temperatures between different laser equipment varies widely. Dwell time and even pressure are more variables that are not constant.

Further yet, coated paper through a laser printer even poses more chance for failure versus most laser work that is printed on offset uncoated stock.

So as you can see, with such little information not given, it is not practical for myself or anyone to provide a valid assessment.

At least I hope you now realize the factors and variables involved that influence laser imprinting failure or success.

D Ink Man

Thank you D ink man for this info, at least i have some info now to search it in more details. I'll further update as soon as I get more detailed info about the problem.

Regards

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back