NFL Coach Smashes Tablet and Goes Back to Paper

prwhite

Administrator
Staff member
Microsoft struck a deal in 2014 to supply the NFL with tablets as a coaching tool, but NE Patriot’s Coach Bill Belichick threw down his Microsoft Surface tablet in frustration! Belichick said that the technology failed him and made his job harder because it was too undependable and inconsistent. He is going back to simple, functional, renewable and recyclable PAPER!

Given a choice, the majority of people prefer paper to screens for many of the same reasons Belichick is switching: simplicity, practicality and relaxation. Two Sides’ 2015 US consumer survey confirmed this:
  • 88% believe they understand and can better retain information when they read print on paper,
  • Given a choice between paper and screens, 81% indicated they prefer to read print on paper,
  • 81% indicated they are most relaxed when reading print on paper,
  • 80% stated a clear preference for reading print on paper for complicated materials.

Microsoft struck a deal in 2014 to supply the NFL with tablets as a coaching tool, but NE Patriot’s Coach Bill Belichick threw down his Microsoft Surface tablet in frustration! Belichick said that the technology failed him and made his job harder because it was too undependable and inconsistent. He is going back to simple, functional, renewable and recyclable PAPER!

LOL - Microsoft strikes again! He should've used an iPad or maybe engage our David Milisock to kick some OS butt and custom configure CorelPaint to plan the play action!

I'm with Belichik!

Unfortunately, our children will not be as fortunate.

I hear that several schools are now issuing tablets with the text books pre-loaded instead of books.

Well I do, every weekend. And yes the NFL is the most popular professional sport in the US but losing viewership this year.
The problems with the Surface are purportedly networking issues and not with the tablet itself. Imagine having to compete with the 30,000 plus phones in the stands at a typical NFL game for WiFi connectivity. Blame the IT guys for not resolving this.
It was however amusing seeing Bellchick spike that blue surface and hearing the announcers refer to them as iPads the first couple games they were in use. No doubt M$ is not amused.
Go Paper!

Exactly what I think of M$ products anyway. They start off great then they either discontinue them or screw them up with lack of updates. Used to be a M$ fanboy but after the windows phone disaster and now them discontinuing the Band 2 I gotta go elsewhere. Surprised they have stuck this long with the Surface.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back