Reflective INKS?

jonkovach

Hi all,

Just wondering if there is such a thing as reflective INKS? You know, like you stick the cartridge in the printer, and it spits reflective ink out of the printhead onto whatever substrate you are printing to?

Am I in la-la land?

Jon

Hi Jon, I work for Konica Minolta and we've come up with a solution that sounds like it might be what you're asking for. We call it the MGI Unlimited Colors where we combine our standard toner with actual hot stamp foil to create the look of unlimited colors of reflective foil in a single print. See a short video here: https://youtu.be/ktF1CF0Ur4M

-Jacob

Yes and no. Yes, this is kind of what I was thinking. Selectively placing reflective ink.
However, I need more wide-format. Aqueous, solvent, latex... something like that.
And this looks shiny, but not necessarily reflective. I need engineer grade type of reflectivity.

Hi all,

Just wondering if there is such a thing as reflective INKS? You know, like you stick the cartridge in the printer, and it spits reflective ink out of the printhead onto whatever substrate you are printing to?

Am I in la-la land?

Jon

I believe that the procedure is to use a reflective substrate and print on that with conventional inks (typically applied by screen printing due to the opacity of the inks)

Reflective inks are popular these days and is easy to print water based. The reflective screen inks are known to give excellent printability and screen stability.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back