Metallic ink

wyagow

Had a job that required 871 gold and was given a can that was 20 years old. I was unable to match pms book. I told ink manager that metallic ink has a shelf life of no more than 1 year. He said it was longer than that. What do you think? New ink has been ordered for Monday. Will find out then.

I don't know what the problem is. That 20 year old ink should be a perfect match to 7562 by now.

I would say 3 years maximum for shelf life on todays offered unipack golds.

D

LOL. I've been in printing since '84 and have always noticed that metallic ink seperates over time. I asked our ink supplier once early in my career what the shelf life was and he told me approx 1 year. Just googled metallic ink shelf life and found Handschy website stating 6 months but I would expect that from an ink company.

A lot can depend on where it is stored, heat,cold. I would say 20years is pushing the envelope. You have an 'ink manager' and you are given 20 year old ink?

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back