Postal Stamp Image Changes When Touched

prwhite

Administrator
Staff member
On June 20, 2017 the USPS will release a first-of-its-kind, U.S. Forever Stamp that uses thermochromic ink. The Total Eclipse of the Sun stamp changes to a full solar eclipse when you touch it, revealing a second image.

The image on the stamp is a photograph taken by astrophysicist Fred Espenak of Portal, AZ, showing a total solar eclipse seen from Jalu, Libya, on March 29, 2006. The back of the stamp pane provides a map of the August 21 eclipse path & times it may appear in some locations. Visit NASA’s website to view detailed maps of the eclipse’s path.

As a Forever stamp, the Eclipse stamp will always be equal in value to current First-Class, 1-ounce price. Thermochromic inks, vulnerable to UV, should be kept out of direct sunlight for longevity. Stamps may be pre-ordered—usps.com/shop.

I could be wrong, but, due to the thermochromic ink and special processing to get two images on the stamp, I'm assuming these cost more to produce than the standard US Forever Stamp they have been using for years. Yet, they are not going to charge anymore for this stamp than a standard Forever stamp. Aren't they having difficulties making ends meet with their current pricing and production costs? Does this make any sense to anyone?

I could be wrong, but, due to the thermochromic ink and special processing to get two images on the stamp, I'm assuming these cost more to produce than the standard US Forever Stamp they have been using for years. Yet, they are not going to charge anymore for this stamp than a standard Forever stamp. Aren't they having difficulties making ends meet with their current pricing and production costs? Does this make any sense to anyone?

They are asking for an increase right now. I saw this article published this morning http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/05/10/postal-service-citing-losses-seeks-higher-stamp-prices.html

I was told by UPS just last week that they are implementing Saturday as standard business day. It'll be another nail it the coffin of the slowly dying giant postal bureaucracy.

It's a shame the post office can't just focus on delivering the mail effectively and efficiently instead of wasting money on fancy stamps. I'll refrain from another one of my anti-government rants.

Kringle, keep this up, and, you're going to end up on some watch list somewhere.................................

(I don't know him............) :) LOL

Kringle, keep this up, and, you're going to end up on some watch list somewhere.................................

(I don't know him............) :) LOL

LOL..... The guy that kept the lists on people like me just got fired yesterday!!! #draintheswamp

Hopefully Trump will Make the USPS Great Again!

Maybe he can turn the REST of the post offices into more nice profitable hotels :p It'll be YUUUUGE!

https://www.trumphotels.com/washington-dc/old-post-office-transformation

Last edited:

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back