Quality Inks for SM74+L in Canada

Albert Noel

I've used, over the years, inks from Sun, Hostmann (the old sprinter 3, rapida, reflecta and resista) Innovation and now using Saphira PR100 Plus medium tack directly from Heidelberg. I'm really not loving the inks anymore and find they just don't provide the same level of rub resistance they used to (not to mention the same rapid setup and dry times for rapid post)

What other good quality inks are fellow canadians using? I'm itching to try the Maxxima from Hostmann because i've heard its one of the better all around inks but have also heard good things about Toyo.

Any feedback would be great! I should also add, we use alcohol in my sm74 and not alcohol sub.

I've used, over the years, inks from Sun, Hostmann (the old sprinter 3, rapida, reflecta and resista) Innovation and now using Saphira PR100 Plus medium tack directly from Heidelberg. I'm really not loving the inks anymore and find they just don't provide the same level of rub resistance they used to (not to mention the same rapid setup and dry times for rapid post)

What other good quality inks are fellow canadians using? I'm itching to try the Maxxima from Hostmann because i've heard its one of the better all around inks but have also heard good things about Toyo.

Any feedback would be great! I should also add, we use alcohol in my sm74 and not alcohol sub.

You've tried the big boys - maybe try a smaller one?

Rycoline is a "boutique" ink manufacturer in Ontario. I've used them in the past to formulate inks for extended gamut printing. They are very knowledgeable and responsive to individual customer needs. Here's their contact info:

Peter Welfare
The Printing Ink Company, Rycoline Inc.
145 Westcreek Drive
Vaughan, ON
905-850-3905

Peter during a talk about ink manufacturing to some software engineers.

Not%20D_Ink_Man_zpswvefgv9t.jpg

You've tried the big boys - maybe try a smaller one?

Rycoline is a "boutique" ink manufacturer in Ontario. I've used them in the past to formulate inks for extended gamut printing. They are very knowledgeable and responsive to individual customer needs. Here's their contact info:

Peter Welfare
The Printing Ink Company, Rycoline Inc.
145 Westcreek Drive
Vaughan, ON
905-850-3905

You know, now that you mention the name I'm pretty sure I have also tried their stuff several years ago at the previous company I worked for. I liked the colour it produced, pretty consistently.. but couldn't make it work for me.
It's worth a try! thanks for the info

Last edited:

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back