Offset printing with UV ink - pro/con?

Kees

Hi all, until now all of my offset printing jobs are done on a 5 color machine with dispersion, with "normal" ink on both coated and uncoated stock (250-330 gram). I am thinking about the possibility a new supplier is offering to me, all of my jobs (+/- 20 weekly, 4/4, aver. 3.000) done on a 8 or 10 color machine with UV ink. It's faster, cheaper and I will probably have much less set off and smearing. Now we do a lot of foil stamping and other finishing, also silk screen print after the offset printing (like spot-uv), could there be a problem with finishing when using UV ink (like adhesion problems with hotfoil). Any comment is highly appreciated.

Just be sure to communicate your secondary processes with your printer, but to be honest most secondary processes are accounted for by default from the ink company.

I found this company AMS Spectral UV - A Baldwin Technology is converting traditional offset to UV LED Printing. Who had exprerience, please share with me cost and...

Thank you.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back