liquid chrome

has anyone ever heard of liquid chrome silver, my customer has a request but no info

They're probably referring to something like Mirasheen. a vacuum metallized leafing aluminum ink. Expensive and very shiny.

Last edited:
The Silver effect achieved can greatly depend on what process you are applying the Silver with. Silk screen= best results. Gravure=Good results. Flexo=acceptable results. Litho=Poorest results

The first question would have to be what printing process, as previously eluded to. D

If his profile is accurate - he's an ink supplier for offset litho printers which is why I answered what I did.

Last edited:
Thanks for input guys I am ink supplier, my customer is printing UV web. He was told that this was and ink by his customer, I agree with Gordo that is some kind of non leafing silver

I undersatnd now, you are the middle man supplier. rchamness, check with Ecakrt and ask for Wandi. She will be able to help your search and provide clarification and possible supply information.

D

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back