Wall Paper

photowilly

Hi everyone,

I am a landscape photographer and I just bought my first printer. Now I am very new to printing and really just dove in head first and dont know a lot about it. I spent about $16000.00 in the last year and a half on prints so I decided it was time to get one. I got a Epson P8000 and I am very happy with it so far! I have printed on paper and canvas and love it.

The question I have: Is there any printable wallcovers available for this printer? It holds 44" rolls. In the past I had sold a few wall murals that my local printer printed on a vinyl substrate with a adhesive on the back and he provided a installer, and it worked great, but what I am looking for is like a heavy duty wallcovering that you apply with paste. Something that hopefully I could install. I don't think I could install the vinyl with the adhesive already on it, but I recently hung some heavy duty vinyl wallcovering in my home with the roll on wallpaper adhesive and it was pretty easy, because I could still slide it around or peel it off and move it during the install.

Can anyone give me some advice?

Thanks!

There are a number of aqueous inkjet compatible fabrics with repositionable adhesive backs - like Photo Tex - http://www.phototexgroup.com/products/ And, Fine Eye Color has another - 610RF Repositionable Wall Fabric on their website. It might be easier working with this stuff rather than trying to do actual wall paper.

Tony

Thanks for the response guys. I do actually have a small sample of the phototex , but do you know if it would be durable and long lasting in a commercial building environment? How does it actually stick? Magic? ;)

I have been reading about a Sihl product, 2510 Design2Wall Non-woven wallpaper Aqua 180 matte. Does anyone know if that is a good product?

With the aqueous version of Phototex you would want to do a clear coat over-laminate for durability especially if they would happen to wipe it with any moisture. But then again any media that accepts aqueous inks should have an over-laminate applied for durability.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back