WATER MARK Printing in OFFSET

ponnapati123

I'm looking for 'WATERMARK' ink, to print on the paper using offset technology and it should looks just like the water mark paper from the paper mill. How to achieve watermark printing offset technology. Is there any inks available in the market of any customized solution to get watermark. The watermark should have no colour but looks like white manufactured during the mill. Kindly provide suggestions

Never heard of such a thing. You could try experimenting by mixing opaque white down with transparent white for a faint tint. Or run a clear varnish. Just a thought.

Hello ponnapati123,

A "True Water Mark" is formed on the Paper Making Machine via a Dandy Roller, the "Mark " is just a Image of what is designed.

All you can do is print a Image using a Transparent White Tint !!!

Regards, Alois

Hello ponnapati123,

A "True Water Mark" is formed on the Paper Making Machine via a Dandy Roller, the "Mark " is just a Image of what is designed.

All you can do is print a Image using a Transparent White Tint !!!

Regards, Alois

Thanks for your suggestion. Just to know is there any ink supplier who can provide WATERMARK ink.

ponnapati123,

Again for the "Third Time" no such Ink exists, Water Marks are only used in "Expensive Letter Stationery " such as Basildon Bond !

Next "Hold" a sheet of this expensive A4 Letter Paper to the Light ..... and you will see the "Water Mark" saying - Basildon Bond.

Do you understand now ?

Regards, Alois

ponnapati123,

Again for the "Third Time" no such Ink exists, Water Marks are only used in "Expensive Letter Stationery " such as Basildon Bond !

Next "Hold" a sheet of this expensive A4 Letter Paper to the Light ..... and you will see the "Water Mark" saying - Basildon Bond.

Do you understand now ?

Regards, Alois

Thanks, I understood

Seen this done one time, offset. What you do is lightly tint the entire sheet, except of course the watermark, so basically your printing a full bleed all four sides. No special ink but I'd use laser offset ink it has drier so the sheet can be run in a digital machine.

Seen this done one time, offset. What you do is lightly tint the entire sheet, except of course the watermark, so basically your printing a full bleed all four sides. No special ink but I'd use laser offset ink it has drier so the sheet can be run in a digital machine.

Thanks, Really its a good idea. Our client wants to print on preprinted WATERMARK sheet from the paper mill and during offset printing client wants to place a logo in cetain position. So when we print it looks entrie paper with paper mill watermark and some portion with client logo. So if we do tint for full sheet I think exisiting watermark from paper mill will go disappear. We will try using ting only the particular position where client wants the artificial watermark logo.

You can get a custom water mark paper made, with the logo of the customer centered for 8.5x11 finished. If your paper supplier doesn't offer it I will give you my suppliers contact.

You can get a custom water mark paper made, with the logo of the customer centered for 8.5x11 finished. If your paper supplier doesn't offer it I will give you my suppliers contact.

The client requirement is custom water mark which may vary from kind to kind. So if we did pre water mark from paper supplier and then client changes the design then it may incur huge losses. That is the reason we are looking for the alternate method to print water mark during offset process

Hello ponnapati123,

Enlightenment re WATER MARKS !

Visit - Neenah Paper Inc and view their resources page, "Watermarks"

Hopefully, the information provided --- will STOP you going round in circles !!!!!!

Regards, Alois

one time we faked a watermark that turned out pretty decent. Took a bit of press proofing where you try something and let it dry overnight, then evaluate the results. The final version that went into production was a a very small amount (like a half ounce per pound) mix of 877 silver to gloss overprint varnish.

This may be obvious, but an imitation of a watermark must be printed on both the front and the back side of the sheet, in register.
The back side must be a mirrored.

The offset department of the company I work for do a lot of watermark printing. They have just finished 200,000 sheets for Mercedes Benz.
The ink is made by Luminescence product code 1715KFD, its printed on the back of the sheet in reverse.
I remember being told by management that we have to have a license for it as it can be used to forge documents etc.

Attachments

• 20171212_162121.jpg
    20171212_162121.jpg
    190.3 KB · Views: 456
Last edited:
Here is another offering, by a French Security Inks manufacturer:

Watermark inks can be printed in offset, letterpress and flexography; they are used for printing a watermark which will give a certain transparency on a paper, not exceeding 90gsm. As those inks are rather oily, it is advisable to print them on the back side of the paper and to avoid overprinting them.

The effect of transparency will be reach after a period of 24-48 hours, because ink needs that time for a complete migration through the paper. Consequently a coated paper cannot be used.

Letterpress is the best printing process because the watermark ink is push inside of the paper. In addition to our standard version, our range includes fluorescent watermark inks, fluorescent in blue, green and yellow under UV lights. A watermark ink is also available for wet offset, but less efficient.

Link:
http://v2.petrel-security.com/en/products/inks/17-encres-a-filigraner

Interesting. It sounds as though, being an 'oily' ink that it will appear similar to if the paper had become wet - or oil stained - in the area of the watermark. Could be someone out there can turn this into a specialty business if they can supply custom 'watermarked' papers cheaper than special mill orders. On the other hand, the letterhead printing business seems to have dropped considerably since a lot of offices have their own colour copiers & printers.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back