Ink Dispensing

lboyer

Hello All,

We are a small print shop so I can't afford the automatic ink dispensers. However, I would like a better system than what we do now, which is guesstimate ink usage per job. Aside from actually weighing the ink, is there some sort of manual ink dispensing units? Thanks for your time and input.

I should have done this earlier, so, a little back story. I have recently decided to revamp our inventory system and since we only do this every super blue blood moon, I have encountered a few, let's say, discrepancies. It's not theft because quickbooks says there's no more ink, but the ink cans are sitting right in front of me.

We buy in 1 kilo and 5 kilo cans for our offsets and web press. As of right now and the past, the operators stick the spatula in the can and fill the machine with the necessary ink or mix to get the right color, and then on our materials log they would estimate how much ink they used per particular print job.

So I will get a digital scale and have them weigh the ink and log how much they have used. If anyone has a better system, please share.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back