Collapse
CanonKonica Minolta
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UV Coating

Why is my UV coating fluid turning Brownish in the tank? Is it being contaminated? Oxidation? I am finishing sheets printed exclusively on a Konica Minolta 1060C.

could be exposure to uv light?

Comment

Probably not oxidation, however the product's ingredients could be slowly reacting. Is your tank Stainless Steel, or non-metallic, if not perhaps reacting with sidewalls of tank.

Have you asked your UV coatings vendor...have them check their retained sample from the batch to see if it's happening there as well.

Exposure to light (enough to cause slow curing to begin) could contribute. Does the coating when applied to the print look different then previously run jobs. The slight discoloration in the tank may disappear when actually run.

Comment

Thanks HRoss. The tanks are stainless steel. The vendor thinks the problem is the roller needed to be sanded down and possibly in the future resurfaced. I tried that and it seems to be working better. I certainly have a better finish.

Comment

4OverStandard FinishingDuploSmartsoft (Presswise)AleyantCanonKBA
        4OverStandard FinishingDuploAleyantCanonGraph ExpoLabelexpoKBAKBASmartsoft (Presswise)Chili publish4 Pees

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4686 users online. 95 members and 4591 guests.

Most users ever online was 6,597 at 10:25 AM on 04-20-2018.

Working...
        X