Sheeted bible paper

robbg439

Small family printing business owner here. I've been looking for a good source for cartons of sheets of "bible paper" (uncoated white offset papers in the 20-30 lb range) for years now. I get asked about this by clients all the time, and always have had to tell them that I don't know how to get it. In my research I've found Twin Rivers Paper, but they only sell rolls, and they basically laughed me off the phone when I asked them if they sold sheets. Domtar makes several grades but again I've only ever been able to find rolls. I don't have any way to process rolls, so thats no help. Accent Opaque text has a 40# weight, which I've used in the past when requests like this come in, but I'd like a source for something lighter. Any leads?

I wonder if it only comes in rolls because feeding such a thin paper would be a nightmare? No solution for you sorry.

I've managed to get about 50 sample sheets from Twin River and it fed and ran surprisingly well.

Some paper mills have the ability to cut roll paper into sheets - I've done that in order to print newsprint on a sheetfed press. You might try that route.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back