Paper for Web heatset and sheetfed offset

cementary

I've got a strange question to ask.
what are the key differences between paper for heatset web presses and for sheetfed presses.
Though i know the differences like porousity, difference in fibers and all of that but for sudden i wasn't able to answer the simple question: what will happen and what can go wrong if we will flat paper for heatset and fed it into the sheetfed press.
Can someone help me with this?

AFAIK there’s no functional difference. While not common I’ve seen a few rollfed sheeters in sheetfed shops. They use it to reduce paper costs.
Aye we have one. For akiyama jprint 44.
i feel i need to be more specific. We had a huge problems with feeding one particular paper into roland 900 after flatting it from reels with our flatteners. The paper is sappi galerie fine. On sappi website there is a tech spec for every paper. And this papet is specifically for heatset web and aviable only in reels.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back