OKI C942 Envelope Printer - consumables limit

jwheeler

When the fuser reaches 150k impressions, it forces us to replace it. Since they are ~$500 each, we want to push past the 150k impressions until we are unhappy with the output quality. We are mostly just printing a small logo and return address in the upper left corner, so quality is not a huge issue. Has anyone had success over-riding this feature? Same question for other consumables like the drums.

It takes a new chip to reset the consumables on the 9XX series. Toner has a chip, drums have a chip, fuser has a chip. A fuser chip is $40-$50. You should find a cheaper source for consumables. OEM 9XX fusers go for $350-$360.

It takes a new chip to reset the consumables on the 9XX series. Toner has a chip, drums have a chip, fuser has a chip. A fuser chip is $40-$50. You should find a cheaper source for consumables. OEM 9XX fusers go for $350-$360.

You are correct on the pricing. I was looking at the MSRP and rounding up, and not our contract pricing since our sales guy said we are getting 'special' pricing and not to share it (I'm sure they all say that :rolleyes:). Either way, still want to turn off this feature...but I don't think we'll go the route of swapping chips.

I have the Intec version of the c9xx series. I can confirm you can't override the consumable limits. It will ask you if you want to exceed drum life; however, if you answer 'yes' it only gives you somewhere between 250-500 additional prints on the drum before it forces you to replace it - even if the image quality is still looking decent. That said, I don't think its necessarily a bad thing. I have increasing difficulty maintaining accurate colors once the drums are close to their life. I just replaced mine a couple weeks ago and its made a world of difference. I also get not so great results running the Adjust Density setting, and usually have to run it a few times in a row to get the colors back in line. Also...a word to the wise. I had an employee try to clear a jam while I wasn't in the office. They ended up snapping the black gate that's in the duplexing unit underneath the fuser drawer. I was quoted $2,000 to replace it - they make you buy the entire duplex unit, not just the gate.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back