what does XCMYK mean

It’s idealliance’s term for running at higher than standard solid ink densities.

SRGFGBSGDRFSGBSGDRFSGBDGSRD,

Funny!

Just 2 minutes before you posted this: "what does XCMYK mean?", you asked this on a separate post: "i want to make my shop paper automated to print xcmyk."

What to say......hmmmm, I won't go there, but instead may I suggest delving into researching your questions via anything other than forums? Such as a library, for instance.

Can someone please explain to me what "quality printing" means? My boss needs me to compare two printers and one says they do quality printing.

Kthxbye

Can someone please explain to me what "quality printing" means? My boss needs me to compare two printers and one says they do quality printing.

Kthxbye

I have always followed W. Edwards Deming’s guidance - “Quality is meeting customer expectations.”

Just to answer OP's post, all credits due for gordo & Idealliance:

"XCMYK is a new color space representing expanded gamut printing that can be achieved on offset and digital devices. The XCMYK dataset and profiles can reproduce a larger gamut than that of GRACoL®, the industry’s current standard for print quality. Profiles can be used on traditional four-color presses as well as on a variety of digital devices to produce a color space larger than current traditional printing."

I think the OP prints wide format inkjet for signage so xcmyk probably isn’t a fit.

Gordo,

This topic has lead me to research more about XCMYK. Interesting development and quite amazed to see the amount of printers that is working together for the advancement of this new data. Just out of curiosity, are they all part of the same association?

Gordo,

This topic has lead me to research more about XCMYK. Interesting development and quite amazed to see the amount of printers that is working together for the advancement of this new data. Just out of curiosity, are they all part of the same association?

Then you know that you can see the list of printers who participated here: https://www.idealliance.org/wp-content/uploads/2017/01/XCMYK-Test-Sites-re-TB-2-07-2017.pdf

It doesn't say whether they are idealliance members or not. I assume they have some sort of relationship.

gordo - what does the I and that acronym INK stand for ? And how can ink be solid ? Does it need to be melted first?

Attachments

• photo7638.jpg
    photo7638.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 456

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back