Label printing

Ody

Hello. I have a printing company and i print labels for my customers on Xerox V80. But some customers are asking for roll to roll label. The size of the label is 56 x 23 mm. The labels will be for more plastic bottles for e-smoking liquid. Can you suggest me please any machine? Also please let me know what should i have to know before buying such a machine. The average quantity is 10,000 per month.

There are a lot of choices, however the "vape" labels are quite small and may need to be cut after every print -- The Allen Datagraph family of products, The epson 7500 series, The Memjets based on the Afinia chassis are good choices. You will need to order the blank label stock, pre-converted if you do not wish to die cut from a secondary system. If you want to die cut offline, there are several systems that are affordable from Allen Datagraph and Afinia. To be good at label printing, you must know the stocks, durability of the print process, and become a wizard at inventory management. Cost is important, but image quality, and durability are more important. 'Good Luck.

I think the investment you would have to make in a machine would be far more than you could profit. (I'm assuming the capital investment for a roll-to-roll duplicator or press would be at least 25000 USD, used.)

I suggest you consider ordering from a label printing house that does work "for the trade only".

In the USA we have several trade label houses. I checked the pricing from one of them and it would be about 180 USD for 10000 ONE-color labels on paper label stock; 520 USD for 10000 4-colour process labels; shipping additional. I suppose you could mark up either by at least 50%.

I am reasonably sure there are European trade printers of labels.

Thank you for your comments. I did a small research and i think Afinia L801 is a good label machine for vape labels. What do you think?

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back