Does passing a SelfAdhesive Label stock thru UV 4 times result in Adhesive Reduction?

manishbjain

I am planning to print a label stock in a single color UV offset and pass it 4 times for 4 Color printing. One of my friends suggested that this would result in dramatic decrease (drying) of Label Adhesive as he has practically faced this problem, so asked me to avoid. But the question is if thats the case , it should be the problem with the multi color flexo presses too , coz even they run through multiple stations of UV (even though in a single pass but the heat applied remains the same). What do you think about this ?

Do you have a 4 color flexo press? If not it would be better quality (the UV would be curing 4 times) and cheaper to d0 if you outsourced it.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back