CanonKonica Minolta
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What machine to i need for Pharmaceutical labels

Hello everyone.
    Im looking to start a production line for pharmaceutical labels and i need your advice and guidance.
    Most important its to have excellent quality from the fist label until the last.
    The labels are usually glossy paper , 1-5 pantone color, recto, some labels have UV varnish.
    Would it be a bad idea to order our printing plates or should we create them in house.
    Rotary dies or flat bed?
    What machines do you suggest?
    Any help is more than welcome.

Thank you

Originally posted by Irida View Post
    Hello everyone.
    Im looking to start a production line for pharmaceutical labels and i need your advice and guidance.
    Most important its to have excellent quality from the fist label until the last.
    The labels are usually glossy paper , 1-5 pantone color, recto, some labels have UV varnish.
    Would it be a bad idea to order our printing plates or should we create them in house.
    Rotary dies or flat bed?

Thank you

Double posting won’t get you double answers.

Comment

Mr Gordo, Do you have any suggestion?

Comment

Take a look at the Konica Minolta bizhub PRESS C71cf label printer, or the more recently introduced KM AccurioLabel 190. Full disclosure: I work for KM in the US.

Comment

thanks for the tip Steve0 but i'm not interested in a digital printer as ill be printing large quantities and mostly Pantone colors. Plus the Pantone needs to be 100% accurate

Comment

Originally posted by Irida View Post
            Hello everyone.
            Rotary dies or flat bed?

Thank you

This sounds like a perfect job for a Roden-Dotseth press; they are out of Germany and have a whole line including die-cutters for pharmaceutical work.

Comment

Originally posted by arossetti View Post

This sounds like a perfect job for a Roden-Dotseth press; they are out of Germany and have a whole line including die-cutters for pharmaceutical work.
              Roden-Dotseth? Can´t find any mention of them, sure you got it right?

Comment

Originally posted by Slammer View Post

Roden-Dotseth? Can´t find any mention of them, sure you got it right?
                Those results are what I would expect.

Comment

i found nothing on Roden-Dotseth. Never heard of them to be honest either.

Comment

Is the varnish a necessity for your labels? If you are looking for some affordable digital printers Arrow Systems offers some nice printers for in-house pharmaceutical labels.

http://www.arrsys.com/products/label-printers/arrow/

Comment

Thank you Shaan. Yes Varnish is necessary. As i said we will be printing Pantone colors and the volume per order is around 100000 labels so no digital machines.

Comment

4OverStandard FinishingDuploSmartsoft (Presswise)CanonKBAUltimate
                      KBAKBA

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2953 users online. 58 members and 2895 guests.

Most users ever online was 6,597 at 10:25 AM on 04-20-2018.

Working...
                      X