What machine to i need for Pharmaceutical labels

Irida

Hello everyone.
Im looking to start a production line for pharmaceutical labels and i need your advice and guidance.
Most important its to have excellent quality from the fist label until the last.
The labels are usually glossy paper , 1-5 pantone color, recto, some labels have UV varnish.
Would it be a bad idea to order our printing plates or should we create them in house.
Rotary dies or flat bed?
What machines do you suggest?
Any help is more than welcome.

Thank you

Hello everyone.
Im looking to start a production line for pharmaceutical labels and i need your advice and guidance.
Most important its to have excellent quality from the fist label until the last.
The labels are usually glossy paper , 1-5 pantone color, recto, some labels have UV varnish.
Would it be a bad idea to order our printing plates or should we create them in house.
Rotary dies or flat bed?

Thank you

Double posting won’t get you double answers.

Take a look at the Konica Minolta bizhub PRESS C71cf label printer, or the more recently introduced KM AccurioLabel 190. Full disclosure: I work for KM in the US.

thanks for the tip Steve0 but i'm not interested in a digital printer as ill be printing large quantities and mostly Pantone colors. Plus the Pantone needs to be 100% accurate

Hello everyone.
Rotary dies or flat bed?

Thank you

This sounds like a perfect job for a Roden-Dotseth press; they are out of Germany and have a whole line including die-cutters for pharmaceutical work.

This sounds like a perfect job for a Roden-Dotseth press; they are out of Germany and have a whole line including die-cutters for pharmaceutical work.

Roden-Dotseth? Can´t find any mention of them, sure you got it right?

Thank you Shaan. Yes Varnish is necessary. As i said we will be printing Pantone colors and the volume per order is around 100000 labels so no digital machines.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back