Digital Label Printing and converting systems

Visar

Hi All,

We are offset printing company but now we are looking to expand onto a Digital Label Printing and Converting. Our quantities are very small (5.000 - 30.000) so I am looking for you recommendation of which machine brands are the best for this type of work.

Thank a lot in advance to all.

Good Morning,

I am the digital print and prepress person at a label company in upstate NY. We only deal in sheet labels. We use Ricoh digital presses to print our smaller run label orders. For the past 10 years we used predominately the Ricoh C900 press. The C900 is great and printed wonderfully on most of our stocks, however it did not have the capability to fuse toner to our polyester labels so we used an OKI c9650 and Konica Minolta Magicolor 8650 to print those. We actually just upgraded to a Ricoh C9200 a couple weeks ago and it can handle all of our stocks. The capabilities of it a very impressive. Besides one minor toner issue I'm sure I'll fix by tweaking the paper settings, it's worked amazingly well.

The most common printer brands I've heard our blank label customers talk about using are Konica, Xerox, and HP Indigo printers but I cannot vouch personally for those. I have no experience with roll label printers.

Have a great day,
Troy

I would check out the offerings by Colordyne. They have specialized equipment for label printing including a complete system with Memjet printing, laminating and laser cutting inline.

I would check out the offerings by Colordyne. They have specialized equipment for label printing including a complete system with Memjet printing, laminating and laser cutting inline.

Thank you so much Greg. I am not sure about this Memjet printing yet?! Do you have a experience with it?

Thank you so much Greg. I am not sure about this Memjet printing yet?! Do you have a experience with it?

Yes. Memjet is used in a number of devices. It's mostly used in envelope printing, from small table-top printers up to high-end jet presses running 30,000 envelopes per hour. You can see Memjet in action here:

iJetColor :: iJetColor Pro

and here: https://youtu.be/nxQ9xDhVug4

and an overview of one of Colordyne's label presses: https://youtu.be/hPN52v2Nhhk

Quality is very good.

Last edited:
Check out the Accurio Label 190 by Konica Minolta. Ideal for short to medium runs, supports 13" wide rolls, uses toner so no need for pre-treating the media or buying specialty media like the inkjet ones require. It's as easy to use as a copier. Comes with imposition software which will automatically add eye marks for finishing. Konica can sell you a finisher in-line or offline depending on your needs. https://kmbs.konicaminolta.us/kmbs/...accuriolabel-190-digital-label-printing-press

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back