Variable Data Printing with an HP Scitex 15500 Inkjet Corrugated Press

geozinger

Hello All,

My company bought a 15500 press about a year ago. One of my own initiatives was to see if there was a relatively simple way to produce small run variable data (<500 pcs) boxes. We have the Adobe Creative Cloud, Esko ArtPro and Caldera V10 RIP. I was initially thinking about doing a quick & dirty VDP in Indy and then export the resulting PDFs. But I'm afraid that would exceed the storage capacity of the PC that runs the HP, particularly if we do several jobs in succession.

I have most recently been working in offset litho, and the choices there are markedly different. I have to believe that someone else has had this same idea and maybe an inexpensive way to implement it without a huge expense.

Might want to look into an actual variable data software like fusion pro if you are worried about the amount of data individual PDF's would need.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back