Long awaited Nanographic Press is up & running

prwhite

Administrator
Staff member
InfoTrends reports that on September12th—coinciding with Print 17—Landa invited selected prospects and press/analysts to a VIP event in Israel: The first Landa S10, B1 Press, operating at Graphica Bezalel.

Graphica Bezalel—a 50 year old, family owned packaging printer—is focused on folding carton & label printing for cosmetics, food & beverage, with an eye toward personalized packaging. Noticing that 70% of jobs have run lengths up to 5,000 and are continuing to decline, Bezalel decided to invest in their first digital press.

This a 4-color beta installation—located a short distance from Landa Headquarters—with a maximum speed of 6,500 B1sph, but without the automated quality management system (AQM). AQM will be coming within a few weeks, the 7-colour option early 2018, and 13,000sph, later.

After a month of installation time, the press had been in operation for 2 weeks by the date of the press event. Prints of several typical customer jobs were on display.

http://blog.infotrends.com/?p=23337

InfoTrends reports that on September12th—coinciding with Print 17—Landa invited selected prospects and press/analysts to a VIP event in Israel: The first Landa S10, B1 Press, operating at Graphica Bezalel.

Graphica Bezalel—a 50 year old, family owned packaging printer—is focused on folding carton & label printing for cosmetics, food & beverage, with an eye toward personalized packaging. Noticing that 70% of jobs have run lengths up to 5,000 and are continuing to decline, Bezalel decided to invest in their first digital press.

This a 4-color beta installation—located a short distance from Landa Headquarters—with a maximum speed of 6,500 B1sph, but without the automated quality management system (AQM). AQM will be coming within a few weeks, the 7-colour option early 2018, and 13,000sph, later.

After a month of installation time, the press had been in operation for 2 weeks by the date of the press event. Prints of several typical customer jobs were on display.

http://blog.infotrends.com/?p=23337

Again, PrintWeek provides a refreshing and interesting article on the Landa press. PW seems to be able to provide information that is not just positive comments that tend to come out of WTT.

Here is the link.

https://www.printweek.com/print-week/briefing/1162349/landa-s-tech-now-faces-its-true-test

It surprisingly comments on some level of defects and some costs. A claim that a closed loop inspection system will be needed to address some of these quality issues. IMO the implication is that the press is not yet ready even though buyers are willing to accept some level of faults.

Maybe if you read the article, you might get a different view.

"PW seems to be able to provide information that is not just positive comments that tend to come out of WTT."

Erik, A correction is in order. The information that you reference comes from InfoTrends as I indicated, not from WTT as you state.

"PW seems to be able to provide information that is not just positive comments that tend to come out of WTT."

Erik, A correction is in order. The information that you reference comes from InfoTrends as I indicated, not from WTT as you state.

True, your post referred to the InfoTrend source. My comments were not directed at that particular article. My post was directed at the high quality of reporting by PW, which always seems to provide more depth.

Most of us do not get their prime printing industry news from InfoTrends. We tend to get it from WTT. My comment just refers to a general trend of WTT to provide nice positive information instead of critical analysis. My comments had nothing to do with the InfoTrend article. I did not reference the InfoTrend article in any way. You just thought I did. Please read my post again.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back