Freelance Pre-Press Opportunities

julia5crowd

I'm with a company called 5Crowd -- we connect big brands with top talent from around the world to take on freelance project opportunities from the comfort of their own home.

We're currently on the lookout for some talented Pre-Press Operators to join our virtual talent pool of freelancers who are working on projects for organizations like Kraft, Nestle and Budweiser. We're specifically looking for talent with 1-3 years of experience in a printing environment who have operator skills, familiarity with Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator, and understand trapping and stepping.

A few notes on what it's like to work with us via 5Crowd:
  • You'll get email notifications for new projects that you're a match for, and you'll have the opportunity to submit a proposal for any project you're interested in or decline those that aren't a good fit. We'll let you know if you're awarded a project by kicking things off in our online workroom, where all communications will take place.
  • You would be working remotely and be required to supply your own materials (e.g. software, hardware, etc).
  • All project information is confidential in nature so we would ask that you do not share it publicly in your portfolio.
  • There are no fees to use our platform, so the price you quote is the price you're paid.
If you're interested, please feel free to submit an application here. Based on your application, next steps would include a short onboarding process including a pilot project to assess if working together is a good fit. Looking forward to working together!

Julia, is this for "creatives" or for the prepress guys that fix the "creatives" files . . . big difference - also 1/2 of prepress is in the plate room and the plating technology/software usually is very expensive and device specific . . .. just asking

Most medium sized printers and up do their own trapping and imposition work inhouse . . . we're not that big and we prefer not to receive pre trapped and stepped files . . .

Forgive my bluntness - but this:

What is 5Crowd?

5Crowd lets enterprise Marketing and Sales departments do more with less. We're an agency with no creative or production folks on staff. Instead, we have a curated network of freelance professionals, which we call our Crowd. We collaborate with them through a proprietary digital platform on a project-by-project basis, making our operations lean and efficient.​

...just sounds like a disastrous business model.

bmiller4jah - Only if you’re the sub who picks up the job.

I’m sure their price to the client has a fixed margin. It’s the bidders fighting for the job who get driven through the floor.

bmiller4jah - Only if you’re the sub who picks up the job.

I’m sure their price to the client has a fixed margin. It’s the bidders fighting for the job who get driven through the floor.

Disastrous all the same. Drives the market down, within time they won't have any subs, clients end up with shoddy work because it's subbed out to the lowest bidder, within time they won't have any customers... disastrous business model.

Just wondering . . . how many privateers have the software to drive Heidelberg CTPs, or Screen CTp . . . I'm not one and I can barely afford the plate software for my CTP let alone the one down the street . . .

...but yet after more than a year aren't important enough, profitable enough or useful enough to even mention on their website http://www.sgsco.com where they talk about being a "collective of companies"?

funny that..... this business model is one i am inclined to avoid as inadvertently this work will go to the cheapest source and direct contact with the designer and familiarity with their work is not always guaranteed

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back