Seeking a person or SaaS to process Web-to-Print type of work

ljgoldberg

I'm looking for a method to minimize the time required for the preparation and organization of customization of an inkjet printed item.
Think of the toothbrush with your dentist's name on it that you get with every visit.

- Artwork is currently manually received from the dentist's office, sent out to be fixed, simplified, sized, etc. by an offshore service, returned as a proper PDF.
- PDFs are gathered, sent to inkjet printing service with quantities to be printed, etc.
- Printed goods are received from printer, matched up to orders, stocked, billed and shipped to the customer, etc.

I would like to automate as much of the process as possible by sending the prospective customer a link to something like a web-to-print portal;
- Capture the artwork, contact information, shipping address, quantity, delivery date, etc. Money might not need to be handled at this point or at this time.
- Link all of the above items so that the images can be sent out to be prepared as described above, and tracked as they continue through the process
- Create a Step & Repeat layout based on the printer's requirements to obtain the proper quantities of each item
- Create a job sheet, shipping labels, and anything else needed to stay organized, handle repeat orders, etc.

The good news;
- The articles to be printed are always all the same
- The printer is competent to produce the required quality

The bad news;
- The printer is unable or unwilling to do much more than load items onto a fixture and press the PRINT button
- The current volume does not warrant purchasing software

If anyone currently DOES this kind of work, manually or automated, on a contract basis, please contact me directly.
Any SUGGESTIONS are equally welcome.

I'm glad to be able to help my kids with THEIR careers where they intersect with anything that I know about.
I've screen printed tee shirts for birthday parties, built costumes, and now happy to see them succeeding.
Visit www.goby.co for a really good rechargeable electric toothbrush. :)

Thanks,
Larry Goldberg
Technical Director
Beta Industries
[email protected]

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back