Pit under press

pq man

Hey guys could you tell me is it really necessary to have a pit or a press on rails or is it just a convenience. We are going to purchase a komori 6 with coater just wanted some opinions.

Thanks

Hey guys could you tell me is it really necessary to have a pit or a press on rails or is it just a convenience. We are going to purchase a komori 6 with coater just wanted some opinions.

Thanks

It is a convenience, but it is very convenient. It is so that the pressmen can get to the back cylinders for washing and blanket washers for service. It also helps to gather the pressmans change that falls out of their pockets.

This is something I would do. It will make maintenance or repairs in the future much eaiser to perform. Try crawling under one of these machines with about 12" of clearence, no fun after it has been is service for a year or two.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back