i1Profiler Software...

Hi Tim,

I can read and save a chart as a measurement file but I need to be able to convert the measurement file into an ICC profile. The software shows that I am not licensed for that (even with the i1 connected).

Thanks,
pd

If you have another profile generator (maybe as a part of your proofing RIP?), you could save out the measurement file and generate the profile in the other software.

We have a physical dongle as the license to profile in i1p. However, we are not looking to part with it.

If this is a one-off profile, I'm sure you could call in a favour and have someone do it for you remotely using your measurement file, though I don't believe that's technically allowed under X-Rite's user agreement.

Your i1 was purchased as just a spectro; you have to pay extra for the i1profiling solution either at time of purchase or as an additional license. Through X-Rite you can purchase the license which would reside on your i1 (dongle). Cost is around $800-1000 I think.

List price is $1,295. Given that I only need it about 3 or 4 times a year (if that), the cost is a little difficult to justify. I was hoping someone on here had a dongle license they weren't using and were willing to part with it for a cheapER price.

Thanks,
pd

Last edited:

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back