Wanted positive plates, may be mailed to Canada if not available in Canada

Ken Graham

We have an Exxtra virtual drum imagesetter using Ripit OpenRipSymphony 2 with APPE. Currently we use rapid access film from MarkAndy as Fuji film discontinued film sales some years back.

We have been using Fuji DN5-M plate developer and negative plates that go with this.

Most work is done via copiers now with exception to some envelopes requiring Pantone matching outside the range of Toner as well as Tags with cardboard eyelets. I realize one day our ultra reliable Exxtrasetter is going to quit and I know some simple plates can be made by placing a positive transparency created in a copier over top of a positive plate and burning on our PlateMaker ( a step up from the Mexican method of developing by masking and exposing to sunlight I have seen). This works better than creating a negative with a copier. In fact we also produce Modico stamps and they are done using a positive transparency to the stamp material with the transparency made via copier.

So I know positive plates are available but have issues finding in Canada. Please if you are a supplier of said plates contact me with pricing for ABDick 360 plates.

Thanks,

Ken
CommunityPrinters.com
Dawson Creek BC Canada

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back