Digital camera choice

Bobmorli

I'm currently looking to get a digital camera. Not for very professional use, good enough to do some work with it in case of emergency. Since it won't be used that much, I'm not willing to spend all that much on it.

Currently in doubt on these camera's:
- Sony Cybershot DSC-H10
- Fujifilm FinePix S1000 fd
- Fujifilm FinePix S8000 fd

Those choices are also a budget guide.

Anyone have any advice?

Thanks in advance.

not sure about those cameras, but I can tell you I just purchased a Kodak easyshare Z1012IS and it is pretty nice.

about $270. 10 megapixel. 12x optical zoom. plus, it has many photo settings that are automatic or it lets you choose a setting where you can adjust aperture, shutter speed, etc.

Agreed. Kodaks are very low priced and very high quality for what you pay.

Easy to use and the EasyShare software is also intuitive. I got an old DX4530 (5MP)and it takes great shots for a point and shoot.

The newer Extended zoom point and shoots have come a long way in both lower prices and quality.

A colleague bought the Canon PowerShot 8.0MP (S5 IS) and it takes VERY nice shots. He took a macro of a computer and even the scratches on a jack port and the dimples of the plastic molding came out in complete focus. With a 12X Optical Zoom and face trackings, etc. I was impressed for about $250-300

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back