Heidelberg Newcolor 7000 software

Re: Heidelberg Newcolor 7000 software

Hi, David. I can't help you with NewColor 7000, but I do have Linocolor 5.1 and Linocolor 6.04 upgrade original discs with manual which will run your Nexscan f4100.

I have just purchased a chromagraph 3300 running linocolor 5.1 I am scanning 35mm color negatives , for an output of 34" x 56" and 300 lpi. My scans don't look that great and was wondering what your experience would be for the set up screen settings. Please help with a few pointers, thanks in advance!

Hi Andrew,
Make sure you pull the frame all the way into the image area on your prescan. Do not include any of the sprocket hole areas or the black border on your slide. That machine is auto-focus and it could decide the most contrasty area to focus on is the sprocket hole. If that happens, it's a fifty-fifty chance whether it focuses on the drum or the original. After fine setting your crop, execute an "Apple-B" for the base density analysis again. This will help your color results and assure that the machine focuses within the image and not on the edge. I also recommend selecting the Tiff RGB or "None" under the scanner calibration...I can't remember which one it was in the older software. But basically you want to have a linear filling or curve loaded in the "color computer" part of the software. Scanning negatives has always been hit and miss. Sometimes it will look really great and other times the shadows will go purple or something else even weirder can happen. Hopefully these tips will help you out. I also stock spare parts and provide service on all those fine machines that were built in Kiel, Germany (at the now shut down Hell factory). Contact info for me can be found at hudsongrafik.com
Best regards from the American in Kiel,
Karl

Chromagraph S3300 & Software

Chromagraph S3300 & Software

I know I'm coming to this thread a little over 2 years after the last message, but I'm attempting to find the software for a Heidelberg (Linotype Hell) Chromagraph S3300. The best information I could find on the Heidelberg web site makes it appear that they no longer make the Linocolor software, and instead have Newcolor 7000. Any ideas where to get a copy of this?

I'd be happy to use Linocolor if I could get it from someone. Unfortunately, at $2000, Silverfast is far beyond my price range.

Thanks.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back