Polar Mohr 76 EM error 69 and english manual

kazimates

We bought Polar 76 Em and we repair the power drive of the motor and the machine is works. But we haven't got any manual of this machine and we can't program the machine. If you share the english manual or explain to us how we can store program
i- with a cutting sequence
ii-without cutting sequence
iii- how can we modify the stored sequence
iv- how can we delete stored program
v- whats the cause error 69 and solution
and other valuable information us we will be pleased.

Error 69 means:
During a read-, write- or erase-function within the program memory bank a data error was discovered.

The next step should be to find somebody who is able to Polar cutters in a correct way.
An alternative is to take boards from another machine and try it in your machine. This allows you to determent which board you finally need.
Please watch out there two different types of 76 machines in the market. One version has 9 programs and the later machines have 99 programs. The operating manual and the spare parts have to fit to your machine. Maybe you know the machine number? It should be xx61xxx.
Buntpapier

is it trusted site?

is it trusted site?

Dear Ann,

I read your message and thanks for your information. I want to be sure if given link is trusted site because it looks like warez site and they don't show and sample pages to us if it is correct manual/s. Can you give detailed information to us.

Sincerely,

Kazim ATES

You can download the manual from Polar 76em Manuals Downloadables

Dear Buntpapier,

Thanks for your email and forum messages.Which card is occurs this error. If you shows the correct card name to me it is possible i can check the electronic components on it. For the another spare machine i can just say no. because we don't have same barnd and model here. our machine has a 9 main program and we can store different 99 program under this 9 main program.

Sincerely,

EAI board polar 76em

EAI board polar 76em

On the EAI board we had -30, -12, -30 and -12 volts on the test point are ok. all of the fuses on the left power pcb are ok. on eai board we had nec 8255a-5 ic, and er3400i rom ics. i want to speak on this rom ics. is it just store the paper cut positions / or it is stores the machine software in it? the pcb is shows polar 016191 on it. The machine number is 5261236. Mod 1983 76 EM. The software version is V2.0 and it is shows on PCB cabinet and some ics.

Error 69 means:
During a read-, write- or erase-function within the program memory bank a data error was discovered.

The next step should be to find somebody who is able to Polar cutters in a correct way.
An alternative is to take boards from another machine and try it in your machine. This allows you to determent which board you finally need.
Please watch out there two different types of 76 machines in the market. One version has 9 programs and the later machines have 99 programs. The operating manual and the spare parts have to fit to your machine. Maybe you know the machine number? It should be xx61xxx.
Buntpapier

Last edited:
You have a machine with 9 programs. Do you have an Email-address?
The measurements are o. k. Because you measure with active power supply.
But the two voltages -12VB and -30VB have to be active for (2-3 seconds) after switching of the machine. The letter “B” stays for buffered.
The board PMR (power module rectifier) is maybe not working correct. If the power supply switches off to fast the machine is not able to write the last information into the memory.
You have two choices. The buffered voltages given by the board PMR are not correct or the memory board EI is broken. A correct service engineer does never fix boards of a cutting machine. This would be illegal by international low!
Buntpapier

yes
i measure the power module on left hand side. 406, 407 and 405 ports when i read the values it looks like ok. and at the same time i changed the rectifiers which one is screewed on heat sink. the problem is still same.

Kazim ATES

Did you measured the voltages again?
An service manual would not help you in this case.
Buntpapier

If the voltages -12VB and -30VB are o. k. even after switching off the machine I would change the EI board. We measure the voltages write at the board. There are some measurement points. But the result should be the same. The EI board is as well in bigger EMC II machines. There was one EI board only. Maybe you can try a board from an other cutter first.
Buntpapier

I solved this problem with a EAI board replacement. But if you have rom ics and 8255 it is possible with a replacement this ics you can solve your problem. If the -12 and -30 volts already done.

Hi kazimates
Good news are always good. Perfect.
I cannot fix boards. I am working in Germany and here it is forbidden to fix boards, because of safety law.
At least your machine is working again.
Thanks for feedback and take care
Buntpapier

Dear Buntpapier,
Of course we repair the machine with given instructions. It works 2 weeks periods and after that machine gives a problem on display pcb. I am still waiting the card from the United Kingdom now.
For about the forbidden word of course the manufacturer or local authority can be say this word because you have a certified technicians already there and you cand the certified technical person very easily. But for the Turkish Republic of Northern Cyprus we can't do that because we are small island and we haven't got too much machine here. For this reason I must repair the cards with a component replacement. On the other hand Polar company can't supply softwares for the ics or schematic diagrams to us and when the machine gives the probelm to us it takes too lond period for the repair.
We are unlucky :(
If i have a choose of course i can replace but i don't have spare card here.

Best regards,
Kazim ATES

Hi Kazim
Oh, I understand your position. I work sometimes in areas where I have to improvise as well. I am just a bit concerned, because it is a cutter.
Parallel to Heidelberg are other sources for parts available. If you know a reliable supplier the cost is much less.
Good luck for the next fix
Bunpapier

Did anyone ever track down an online pdf manual for this cutter? I visited the link in one of the earlier posts, but it was a phishing scam. Trying to track down a manual for a Polar 76 EM cutter. The usual sources (google) can't find one; I've visited all the links. Not available on the Polar site, either.

Maybe some people are smart enough to understand, that a service manual for 76 was never made by Polar. There are information’s like a training course guide. But this requires a training course which you do not get. So stop searching. This would be useless.

What is your actual problem?

Buntpapier

@Buntpapier,

I understand that you are from the Ukraine, but I felt the response was rude and a tad insulting, but as English would then be a second language, I'll let it slide. Regardless, our bindery people came to me this morning and asked me to find a manual online for our cutter. I do not know what issues they are currently having; I was fulfilling a request.

manuals do exist

manuals do exist

Hey digitalatsigonedotcom,
The manual does exist.I scanned my manual but it is too large for me to post.I have tried several times to post it but keep getting an error. If you would please post your email address.I can send you pdfs of the manual and the parts book.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back