Duplo Docucutter 660 Question

whosbrett

We recently picked up a Duplo 660 for our digital production center. When the machine was installed the tech had instructed to make sure that the back gauge was forward a little bit before powering off the machine. Otherwise it would not be able to calibrate correctly if it was sitting at the far back position. Well inevitably someone was in the shop on a Saturday and didn't get the memo, the machine is off, back gauge all the way to the back. I'm curious if anyone has experience with this machine and really if anyone knows of a way to bring the back gauge forward manually before we turn the machine back on.

I finally had the opportunity to get in front of the machine today and see what really was going on. As it turns out the cutter had been sent to far back position when it was already to far back which tripped one of the rear position safety switches. A fairly easy process to fix, just uncovered the underside on the backside of the machine, and with the machine powered off manually pressed the 2 switches in and released them. Powered the machine back on and positioned the back gauge forward by about an inch with the manual turn and BOOM all worked as planned. The crappy thing about this is how little information is available on this particular machine. So the point of writing this post is for other people who own the Duplo DocuCutter 660 that experience the same issue and have to search out an answer. I figure most would end up with a service call and have to pay for that aside from the downtime, it seems the technicians are fairly tight lipped about these things.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back