Cutter / Slitter / Creaser

Sorry didn't catch the question sooner. We have not replaced any cutters yet. We did have to replace the vacuum feed wheel because the pressed sections ce apart.

Perfing is all but useless on the SCC with the amount of flex in the tool holder. The edges perf harder than the center. GW gave some BS solution about taping under the rubber strip. It was totally useless.

We're about 4 years deep into our Duplo 646 and it's a workhorse! I wouldn't hesitate to buy one again. No replacing slitters or anything, no maintenance schedules... just clean out the paper dust from time to time and it keeps going. We NEVER have ragged cuts or slits either. Always clean and smooth.

I think this conversation over the years shows that you get what you pay for. When choosing from three price ranges of the Graphic Wizard, Duplo, or Horizon you need to consider your work load, utilization rate, and number of shifts. The product that runs great for the 1 shift operation with a 20% utilization rate might not be the right fit for the 3 shift operation and vice versa.

We're about 4 years deep into our Duplo 646 and it's a workhorse! I wouldn't hesitate to buy one again. No replacing slitters or anything, no maintenance schedules... just clean out the paper dust from time to time and it keeps going. We NEVER have ragged cuts or slits either. Always clean and smooth.

What is the sheet count on your machine?

We're currently looking at the Duplo 646 as well but recently saw some info on the Therm-O-Type series of slittesr/cutters/creasers. Does anyone have any experience with that line or Therm-O-Type? The info on their website is pretty impressive with some of the options that are available for those devices. Any info someone can share would be helpful.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back