Baumfolder 520 Changing Belt - Help!

Is there anyone out there who's changed the belts that convey the work to the rollers on a floor standing Baum folder? We have an old (1987 vintage) Baumfolder 520 that does wonderful work still, but the black fabric belts that carry the paper from the feed to the rollers are getting frayed and stretched. I cannot for the life of me figure out how to get these off and the new ones on without literally dismantling the whole machine. This thing is built out of lots of very heavy metal which is why it's lasted so long. I just figured that changing the belts should be a relatively straight forward exercise... or maybe not?

Attachments

• photo6926.jpg
    photo6926.jpg
    164.3 KB · Views: 184
I'm not professing to know. Because I don't know. But often belts as such are heat welded together. Same idea as banner welds (as opposed to sewn seams).

I have a baumfolder 420 that I had to replace a belt on our 16 page section earlier in the year. It looks like the register table is similar to yours. If you take off some covers and bolts, you should be able to lift out the entire register table and slip the register belts on and off. I attached your picture showing where it looks like the bolts are that need to be taken off, then there would be some on the non operator side.

image_6926 copy.jpg

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back