Duplo 645 cutter/slitter/creasor

MMP_Brad

I am in need on the "Job Creator" software for the Duplo 645 cutter/ slitter/ creasor. We also have the folder.
Any help would be appreciated.

I’ll see if I have a file. Duplo tech for a dealer in Iowa. Windows or Mac ? Also what folding option?

Have a used DUPLO DC-645 and problems with my copy of the JobCreator-Software: I think the Software/Driver is to old for my machin, because i get "communication error 003". (Think they gave me the wrong software)
USB-Driver is "USB DC-645 1.0" "1.0, Job Creator is Version 1.2. I run it on an old WIN XP-PC, System recognized the machine and driver is running, but when i try to send/receive something to machine it propts the comm error.
I tested shorter Cable lenght, etc etc, tried everything possible so far so my last hope is try it with a newer software. On machine (Duplo) is firmare version 1.43.
Any idea what the problem can be, or somebody have newer releases of the driver/software?
The programming "manually" is much more timeconsuming than i thought ;-), also keypad of the machine is obvoiusly very used and the foil-keys are more or less out of life...

Even though you have the USB port and driver set up it most likely you have an early version of the firmware, There is an option in the maintenance mode to switch on or off the PC control, early version fw does not have this option.

The only thing i found is "HELP Mode: 61" Change the setting of the machine (8-Bit Switches) But in the service manual there is no comment about the function of the switches excpept the Switch 1 (for Paper interval / Mode 62).

I’ll see if I have a file. Duplo tech for a dealer in Iowa. Windows or Mac ? Also what folding option?
Hi!
Sorry to revive such an old thread...
Do you still have an installation of the Job Creator software for DC-645?
I've "inherited" an old machine and am in the process of bringing it back to life. So far it's looking pretty good. One of the feed belts is broken / missing, but that's a minor thing. The two line LCD panel for job input is a pain though, so it would be really nice if someone could help me out with the PC software.

Hi!
Sorry to revive such an old thread...
Do you still have an installation of the Job Creator software for DC-645?
I've "inherited" an old machine and am in the process of bringing it back to life. So far it's looking pretty good. One of the feed belts is broken / missing, but that's a minor thing. The two line LCD panel for job input is a pain though, so it would be really nice if someone could help me out with the PC software.
See if the belt doubled up on another. Have seen it before. Good luck on the software. Its a good but old machine. The parts that wear out and the ones not available by Duplo. The 646 is so much quicker and Ive heard the 648 is even more impressive!!!

Hi @Sidoj ! I'm afraid I can't tell you anything more than what it states in the manual:

Communication Error (001) – (***):

The JOB Creator cannot recognize the DC-645.
Check the following.
  1. Is the USB cable securely connecting the computer and DC-645?
    (-> P.18 "How to Connect the DC-645 to your Computer")
  2. Is the DC-645 turned ON?
  3. (Macintosh OS9): Is the USB driver copied in the [Extensions] folder in the [System] folder? Check to see if its use has been turned OFF?
    (-> P.32 "Installing Procedures" (Macintosh)].
  4. (Macintosh OSX): Is a Classic environment launched?
  5. (Windows): Is [USB DC-645 Ver*.*] registered as a USB controller in the [Device Manager] dialog?
    (-> P.30 "Installing Procedures (Windows)")
  6. Is the USB cable shorter than 3 meters?

Hi @slinky I was wondering if you still have the installation files for Job creator software? I've just bought a DC615 and have read that the software works on that too....hopefully!

Hi @Rob Moore, I have sent you a link in PM. Not too sure if it will work with DC-615, it does say specifically DC-645 in the window title. But let me know either way.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back