Collapse
Canon
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Perfect binders- what's the best?

We are looking to possibly purchase a perfect binder and looking at one the uses the PUR glue. Can anyone give me an idea which one is the best? We are going from using an old Rosback 880 to a much better upgrade hopefully. Thanks for your help :-)

Hello,

PUR lasts well but is highly poisonous, we would love to show you a modern way of perfect binding.
    Please check out the informations wich are provided here: http://www.palamides.de/machines/sma...ml?language=en

I can also send you some pattern.
    Last edited by Tim80; 04-26-2018, 06:32 AM.

Comment

Do you have distributors in the United States?

Comment

Sure:
        palamides USA Inc. 100 Norb Ave. st3
        62424 Dieterich USA-IL
        Tel.: +1 217 925 5900
        www.palamides.com

Please contact Mr. Bob Conboy:
        bconboy@palamides-usa.com

or directly on his mobile phone: (470) 398-6307 (Mobil)
        Last edited by Tim80; 04-26-2018, 06:32 AM.

Comment

We purchased a Horizon BQ-270V over a year ago and are very happy with it. There is a PUR version but PUR is a different beast than regular glue. CP Bourg also makes a great Binder.

Comment

We sell both PUR and EVA binders. Do consider that EVA binders will work just fine with 95% of the stock out there. Please look at the various models we sell here:

https://spielassociates.com/perfect-binders.html

David Spiel

Comment

Originally posted by halmac View Post
              We purchased a Horizon BQ-270V over a year ago and are very happy with it. There is a PUR version but PUR is a different beast than regular glue. CP Bourg also makes a great Binder.
              halmac, what type of work are you putting through on your Horizon?

Comment

We run a wide variety of thicknesses and a few different sized books. After moving from a manual Sulby Mark III to this is a dream. It is especially good for very thick books. There are so many adjustable settings for each area. The clamp, the nipping unit, and the gluing unit are all very adjustable. The dwell time can be adjusted, the speed of the book passing over the glue, flush gluing, side gluing etc. Having said that, the CP Bourg is a better machine but costs more.

Comment

Hi jimas67, I'm with Standard Finishing Systems and see that you're in Texas. The Standard Territory Sales Manager for TX lives there and is a post-press professional with many years of experience (both CP Bourg and now Standard Finishing). Suggest you reach out to Frits Knepper at 978-409-0306 (cell) or email him at Frits_Knepper@sdmc.com. You can also get an overview of the Horizon perfect binding portfolio at http://www.sdmc.com/solution/perfect-binding/. Standard has several hundred happy Horizon binder customers throughout North America. Hope this helps.

Comment

Thank you markhunt, I have actually spoken to Frits and he has come and seen me here at my employer. He is one of the first guys that I spoke with about a perfect binder. thanks for the info :-)

Comment

4OverStandard FinishingDuploSmartsoft (Presswise)AleyantCanonKBA
                    Standard FinishingDuplo

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3227 users online. 54 members and 3173 guests.

Most users ever online was 6,597 at 10:25 AM on 04-20-2018.

Working...
                    X