cut/crease

Chris R

Hello...wondering if anyone has any recommendations for a slitter. Primarily use would be for business cards, along with short run postcards. Medium duty, small footprint, accommodates a 13x19 press sheet up to 130# (350 gsm). It does not need the bells and whistles of something in the Duplo 645 family, just basic slit & cut - but I wouldn't say no to creasing. I'm hoping to keep it in the $6-8K range. I have been looking at the MBM Aerocut Nano Plus & the Graphic Whizard PT 331SCC. Anybody familiar with them in a real world sense? Any feedback appreciated. Thanks!

I bought a graphic wizard creaser 10+ years ago and it was awful and support was non-existant. They may have changed since but I would never buy another unit from them after that.

I have a GW 335SCC and while the machine works OK, the support has been less than stellar. All parts come from Canada unless your fortunate that your local dealer stocks them. If this is for short run low volume then I would consider it.

I would also see if you have a local Duplo dealer than can service the machine, that is half the battle with these things, you get your workflow setup to using them and when they are down it sucks.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back