Polar Mohr EMC 115 New Display

OffsetStorefront

We've got a Polar Mohr EMC 115 cutter we use and the original display has long been dead. Someone rigged up a computer monitor to it using a box that converts the BNC output signal to VGA which kind of works, except the display on the monitor flickers constantly and doesn't really display the image centered on the screen. I'm thinking we're close to solving the problem but may have some kind of timing/frequency/refresh rate tweaking left to do. I've Googled for any kind of service or operating manuals so I could look for any kind of information about how the display image is output but pretty much every link I find links to malware.

Does anyone:

-Have any manuals I could have to look through?

or

-Have any experience with a DIY display for this cutter?

I know I can buy another display from China for $500 but this seems so do-able.

Thanks!

Dear Sir:
Hi Hope you are well.
I am ex tripple Engineer B.S.E.E.P.E Retired by my age, Only giving support Online Sometimes.
with over 46 years of experienced troubleshooting in Graphic Arts Equipment, and many others.
Was trained in Germany and other countries around the world, by Heidelberg, Polar, etc.
Was looking his problem with the converter BNC to VGA.
This is caused by the monitor losing sync with the video output from the DisplayLink video output.
This can be caused by long, or poor quality video cables.
Poor quality cables can cause:
  • Signal degradation
  • Video flicker
  • Video distortion
please check if swapping your video cable for another resolves the issue.
Let me know any question.
Normally Polar does NOT permit this change to due the Economical loose Profit.
If you need assistance, or some tech documentation, please write by emal attached or WhatsApp.
Blessing.
[email protected]
celular+WhatsApp:+50588611441

We've tried 2-3 different monitors, 2-3 different VGA cables, and 3 different converter boxes. I don't think we've changed out the BNC cable coming from the cutter (if that's even possible?). The monitor we're plugged into is 60Hz - do we need a higher or lower refresh rate perhaps?

No, is NOT compatible, most of theTime, with design of boards of Polar. in other Words.
Will NOT results, to due the Electronic components inside of the Board of Polar, sorry.
Let me know

Blessing.
[email protected]
celular+WhatsApp:+50588611441

Folks-
Our company has been refurbishing the (022-331) CRT monitors used in Polar cutters for well over 20 years.

Originally in the 90's, we dealt exclusively with Heidelberg, they would ship us large crates of those monitors for repair.

After they quit supporting the monitors, instead only offering upgrade options, our company (then named KMR Technical Services) started dealing direct with end users.

Since relocating to FL in 2007 and under our current banner "Jimz Fix-It Shop", we've continued to support these older cutter monitors with ready-to-ship refurbished units and a 1 year warranty.

Find us online at www.jimzfixitshop.com, on Ebay at https://www.ebay.com/itm/222125865367, or direct at 386-402-4536 for more information or to order.
Thanks!

Polatech Monitor POLAR/EB Id. Nr. 022331 CRT replacement for Polar EM/EMC-MONITOR Cutters

Dear Sirs,

For your kind attention and ordering:

New CRT Monitors (Not LCD) Monochrome and Color monitors in factory package are available for:

Polar 92 EM Monitor, Polar 115 EM Monitor, Polar 137 EM Monitor, Polar 155 EM Monitor,
Polar 92 EMC Monitor, Polar 115 EMC Monitor, Polar 137 EMC Monitor, Polar 155 EMC Monitor.
Polar Mohr Video Cards applicable for: 020130, 020131, 020620, 020621, 020622 VID-COLOR/2.

You should just report us your machine exact model, CP1 and VID cards part numbers and EPROM versions, for selecting a proper monitor for your cutter.

No incompatible LCD monitor is required as a replacement of the Polatech Monitor POLAR/EB Id. Nr. 022331 for Polar Mohr Paper Cutters.

- 12", 14", 15", 17", 21" CRT Cathode Ray Tubes.
- Color & B&W Actual Video Quality and Reliability, with custom adaptation.
- Automatic Color Signal Killer in Black & White Mode (No color snow).
- Flexible H&V Sync Generators.
- New condition in factory package.

http://www.alonex.com/pdf/AX-PLR.pdf

Related services are listed herein:
http://www.praftec.com/rd/ - Special Purpose HW/SW Design & Development services in HE+EN
http://www.alonex.co.il/he/ - Special Electronic & Computer Systems Repair & Engineering services in HE+EN

Welcome to your inquires and orders!
Alonex ICEE Lab

Last edited:

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back