Thermotype Zip-TS2L

SoggyWinter

I'm in the process of buying a Duplo 646, but the lease negotiation is dragging out and I've started to look elseware. The Thermotype Zip-TS2L is attractive from a specification standpoint and the bindery punch option is exciting. How good is the build quality of the Thermotype Zip-TS2L and/or similar Thermotype equipment? Has anyone had experience good or bad with Termotype support? The company seems fairly obscure compared with Duplo and Horizon.

i have used thermotype equipment, business card slitters and thermographers, for over 20 years. i toured the plant back in the 90s. support has always been awesome they will talk you through trouble shooting on the phone if something is amiss. Everything I have ever bought was well built.

$45k to $60k depending on discounts. A digital press vendor offered to bundle a 646 for free with a very expensive press lease.

On the topic of the original thread, I'm leaning towards Horizon because they have JDF supported. Thermotype's rep hadn't heard of JDF when I asked at PRINT18, and Duplo said that JDF support is coming in a future release.

We run 2 Ricoh Pro901's a Xeikon 9800 with an inline GM XP500 and a Heidelberg 10 color perfector (offset). Close to upgrading the 901's

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back