Machine Capabilities Question DC-646 & UD 300

Ichokuchi

I have been searching the web all morning, and have not found the information I am looking for, as Im new to the print shop world I figure this may be best place to ask.
So other than what is on the brochures of these two machines what can they do ? are either of them able to emboss? and on the things they can do what are the production times? can the UD300 do scoring right from the get go or do you need to buy a die to be able to do that? any information would be helpful I'm learning more and more daily about different things in the shop.

so no response still, I take it go by what brochures say? lol. I have done more research and fairly sure neither can emboss(now that I have more understanding of emboss) and it doesn't seem the UD-300 can score without any DIE which we will be ordering one soon. any info from someone who uses either of these would be great though, we are trying to figure out how to best utilize these machines and market their capabilities to our customers.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back