Challenge 193 Cutter Clamp Creeping Down

WeberPrinting

SN# 23429

The cutter is doing this more frequently day by day.

The clamp slowly lowers and then the relay switch pulls it back up.

I have a short video clip to demonstrate better than I can describe

https://youtu.be/Ty9hmMPpwts

If anyone has seen such an issue before on this or a similar type cutter I would appreciate learning what the cause of this is
and possible ways to fix it.

=========

Also if anyone know where I could purchase a replacement lockout switch for this cutter,
referring to a button switch below the table that can allow the clamp to lower without the blade.
My switch will still function if held depressed but no longer has the ability to stay locked in.
These are some possible part numbers, Challenge said they do not have parts for this old beast.

2004DM1

2004DM1

2014DM-B2

Hi sir:
Attached is there the screen shot for adjusting the limit swtich for clamp.
Of course please refill the hydraulic recipient, and bleed the air in the system, any air can cause
problem, and use the o.k hydraulic oil, according to user manual.
Let me know.
Blessing
[email protected]
Mobile+WhatsApp:+505 8861 1441

Attachments

• challenge limit swtich.png
    challenge limit swtich.png
    695 KB · Views: 322
I appreciate your reply very much!

I have the Hydraulic Fluid, I drained the tank and filled it with fresh fluid.

I could not find any instructions on how to properly drain or release fluid that might be in hoses
and have no idea how to bleed the air in the system. Does anyone know of videos or instructions how to do this correctly.

Thank you everyone who helped with information on this. I removed the top cylinder for the clamp which was much easier than I thought possible. Took it to Central Hydraulics a local repair place in Minnesota and it was rebuilt and the cutter works flawlessly very since! Special thanks to Home | resource-graphics for a new clamp/blade switch. They are very helpful.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back