Canon
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New KM-1 Press and hot foil problem

Hello

we just tried to foil over a printed sheet off our new KM-1. we are having issues with the foil sticking. I was told several foils where tried. The coverage is pretty good where the foil is not sticking. It is a forest and has a lot of ink. Anyone have suggesttions?

is the sheet UV coated or some other type of coating, we had to use special coatings for our foil I think they are referred to as Stampable/Imprintable coatings also make sure there is no Silicon in the ink or coating

Comment

I hate when this happens... drop 7 figures on a machine and someone forgot to test foil on it.

#firstworldproblems

Comment

Originally posted by Cornishpastythighs View Post
        is the sheet UV coated or some other type of coating, we had to use special coatings for our foil I think they are referred to as Stampable/Imprintable coatings also make sure there is no Silicon in the ink or coating
        thanks we are going to look into that

Comment

Have you called KM about this? You are probably not the first KM-1 owner to encounter this. I suspect a specific foil is required that is compatible with the ink.

Comment

You may want to contact the folks at Komori as they sell the same press under the Komori brand and may have someone that has foil stamped over their inks

Comment

Originally posted by noelward View Post
              Have you called KM about this? You are probably not the first KM-1 owner to encounter this. I suspect a specific foil is required that is compatible with the ink.

Press is still new we have trainers and support here right now. The sales person was a bit baffled.

Comment

Originally posted by KAM465 View Post
                You may want to contact the folks at Komori as they sell the same press under the Komori brand and may have someone that has foil stamped over their inks
                thanks that may help

Comment

mellowyellow,
                  Sales people are always baffled! They think whatever they sell is perfect and can do anything. You have to talk with the technical guys. This can take some effort. KM and Konica have doubtless tested lots of foils and substrates so they probably have an answer.

Comment

LOL yah sales always act amazed. Though Abe from Konica seems to be on top of it. Comes from a prepress background. they did some testing he knew of on foil. trainers and support will be back monday

Comment

4OverCanonKBAAvantiXeroxSmartsoft (Presswise)DuploAMSEnfocus

Free Download

Collapse

Trade Show Survey=
                    Instant October Trade Show Survey
                    Come On! Only 5 Questions

PRINT 19 and PRINTING United are squaring off in October.
                    Will you be at one of them?
                    Both? Neither?
                    Please take our 1-Minute survey to tell us about your plans for the two big fall shows!

Take The Survey.

Standard FinishingDuplo

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4341 users online. 82 members and 4259 guests.

Most users ever online was 6,855 at 12:33 PM on 06-06-2019.

Working...
                    X