Duplo UD300 Rotary Die Cutter

Russell

Anyone have any experience with Duplo's UD 300 Die Cutter? Good or bad feedback on it would be appreciated as we are in the market. Anything we should know before or be aware of before purchasing one. Thanks everyone.

have had one for about a year. runs about 5 hours a day here and has never been down. im not crazy about how it "scores" but that is on the diemaking part. we cut small boxes, circle labels, kiss cut stickers and about 20 different shaped business cards. The only negative is die layout. if you get too close together some things wont come out clean. And dies can get pricey.

Thanks Justin and Old Guy! Justin are the problems are you talking about for carton packaging jobs only seeing how the die cutter only has the upper die? Or does this single die system cause other issues that I am not thinking of? This would be our first experience with a die cutter so I really appreciate the info.

We have the manual feed version of the unit and like it a lot. We use it to die cut cardstock exclusively. We do our creasing on a DC645 so I can speak to the die cutter's creasing capability. For low volume die cutting we also use a flat bed steel rule cutter - this is the entry level it seems.

Last edited:

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back