MegaSpirea's MailLiner

UncleDave

Article on WhatTheyThink.com; Special Report by Noel Ward

People were calling colleagues from the booth saying, "You gotta see this!"

Truth be told, I didn't make it back for a closer look, but after I opened the samples I'd been handed, the marvel of video on the web showed me this is definitely something you have to see. MegaSpirea's MailLiner 100 was one of the Must See 'ems, and Scott Gerschwer, VP of Marketing (the guy who stopped me on the floor) told me last Friday, people were calling colleagues from the booth saying, "You gotta see this!"

The MailLiner 100 addresses the need of service bureaus and data centers to combine envelopes and their contents with 100% accuracy. Instead of printing a document and putting it into an envelope, the system creates the envelope in-line and wraps it around the document. Using a continuous-feed printer (think InfoPrint, Kodak, Nipson, Océ, or Xerox) a document is printed and is immediately followed by an envelope, bearing address, postal indicia and relevant messaging. The MailLiner 100 does the slitting and trimming needed to separate the envelope and its contents, does the requisite scoring, folding, gluing, and marries the pieces back together, ready to mail. Cameras and bar codes further ensure accurate matching of mail piece and envelope. The machine runs at about 300 pages per minute and can put up to 5 pages in each envelope.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back