Entry level finishing

Abew

Hi everyone I would like to get advice on entry level finishing equipment to compliment my newly installed Xerox 700 DP, I have the light production finisher, and the Square fold Trimmer.
I am getting input from my Xerox salesman but I would like to get your input as well.
What I want to be able to do is on all type of media that the printer is capable to output:
  • Cutting
  • Folding
  • Creasing

I am on a budget I don't want to buy something now that I'll need in the future, my volume isn't big now but hopefully it will increase as my business grows.
Automated machines are very expensive and its for volume, manual, tabletop or semi automatic might be sufficient for now, even a good second hand might be good.

your advise and help will be greatly appreciated.

Thank You
-Abe

You would have to give information as to what is the meat of your work. But thinking out loud, spend the most money you are able to on a good cutter. You can probably do some things which will be make shift but do not short yourself on a cutter. This is where good quality finishing starts and this is where good quality finishing goes wrong.

The advice given by ondemandbindery is sound. There are plenty of options for cutters today, but you need to evaluate what you are paying with what you are getting. \Knowledgeable local support will be crucial for you since you are a start-up, and can make all the difference when your machine goes down.

The cutter is where most people think they can skimp, but is the one place you can ruin a job in just one stroke.

Much will need to be based on your capabilities. For folding and creasing, I'll take my Baum 2020 and Ultimate Scores over anything, but I am comfortable setting up a floor folder. On the other hand if you (or your employees) don't have the experience with this you may opt for a Morgana Digifold.

I agree with Alex and ondemand a good cutter is one of the most important pieces of equipment to have, make sure you can get service when needed.

Also Xerox is NOT in the market to sell finishing equipment unless it's hanging on the end of their print engine, keep that in mind with his/her advice.

Entry level finishing explained my need better

Entry level finishing explained my need better

Can please anyone help me
I am looking for tabletop light production folding, creasing, cutting machines, because I am on budget and space is an issue. I would gladly look for used or refurbished models, if someone can provide me with a reliable finishing dealer in NY tri state area would be very helpful.

Thank you all.

Last edited:

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back