Scripting Photoshop for Total Automation

PJ

Hi

Another Newbie!

I would like to be able to create a Photoshop server for auto-processing of files.

The idea is that images are dropped into a hot folder and then Photoshop appiles an action to the files. Once finished the input folder is scanned again and new files acted upon....etc.

I have played with Automator on the mac but have found it to be unreliable (keeps freezing)

Advice on mac or PC platforms would be most grateful.

Thanks in advance

PJ

Re: Scripting Photoshop for Total Automation

I would create an action list in Photoshop, then make a droplet with that action script. Then you should be able to make an alias to, or share that folder that's associated with the droplet, to other machines.

Don

Applescript coding is what you need to do that. One or two folder actions scripts combined with some Photoshop scripts could do it for you. Photoshop actions alone won't be as powerfull as Photoshop scripting since actions cannot make decisions based on various situations.
I strongly recommend www.macscripter.net and Adobe Photoshop scripting forum as a reference to help you build such a workflow.

Hope this helps.

Colorblind

Many thanks for your help.

TIme to dust off the old grey-matter, me thinks!

Regards

PJ

Don

Thanks for the suggestions.

Regards

PJ

PJ-check out Photoshop Commander(freeware) at http://www.ps-scripts.com. It works using actions that you have created in Photoshop to create the script. There is also plenty of expert advice in the forums. I have tinkered with Commander a bit(for things outside the realm of actions, batches, and droplets,) and it works pretty well. The scripts are lightning fast!
Regards,
Todd

Gradual FullSWITCH can quite easily do this as well as automate many other aspects of your workflow. You can easily create various permutations of a workflow or integrate multiple PhotoShop actions into one chain of actions.

If you're looking towards image corrections then you may want to look into Elpical Claro.

Let me know if you want some more information.

Matt

Great and many thanks for your help!

Do you have any experince of Elpical Claro? Is it similar to the Agfa Intellitune product?

Many thanks

PJ

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back