Indesign CS5 missing link.. missing?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Indesign CS5 missing link.. missing?

This is indesign CS5, obviously, in OS X. So in CS4, if a link is missing you see that in the link panel as shown below:

In CS5 repeating the exact same thing, does not show in the links panel, only in preflight. Is there a setting or some little button I should be clicking for it to show me problem links in the link panel?

With the "Links" panel open click on the menu button and select "Panel Options..."

Make sure that both "Show Column" and "Show in Link Info" is selected.

I've attached a pdf that shows what the "Panel Options..." look like on my machine.

If these two things are check I will see the same info as you do in CS4.
    Attached Files

Comment

Your screen dump is showing the links pannel? It can not get link info if the link is missing.
      Learning by teaching!

Comment

Originally posted by Norcrans View Post
        With the "Links" panel open click on the menu button and select "Panel Options..."

Make sure that both "Show Column" and "Show in Link Info" is selected.

I've attached a pdf that shows what the "Panel Options..." look like on my machine.

If these two things are check I will see the same info as you do in CS4.
        Thanks, thats exactly what I wanted. Not sure why its not set that way be default. I just want it to show any indication that the link is missing or modified and not have to check preflight, then back to links and see what file is the one thats needed to be updated/relinked.

Problem solved, thanks again.

Comment

Originally posted by wonderings View Post
          Thanks, thats exactly what I wanted. Not sure why its not set that way be default. I just want it to show any indication that the link is missing or modified and not have to check preflight, then back to links and see what file is the one thats needed to be updated/relinked.

Problem solved, thanks again.
          Glad I could help.

Comment

4OverKBAStandard FinishingDuploSmartsoft (Presswise)UltimateAleyant
          GTI4OverKBAKBAStandard FinishingDuploAleyant

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5519 users online. 123 members and 5396 guests.

Most users ever online was 6,597 at 10:25 AM on 04-20-2018.

Working...
          X