Indesign CS5 missing link.. missing?

wonderings

This is indesign CS5, obviously, in OS X. So in CS4, if a link is missing you see that in the link panel as shown below:
Screenshot2010-07-12at31203PM.png

In CS5 repeating the exact same thing, does not show in the links panel, only in preflight. Is there a setting or some little button I should be clicking for it to show me problem links in the link panel?

With the "Links" panel open click on the menu button and select "Panel Options..."

Make sure that both "Show Column" and "Show in Link Info" is selected.

I've attached a pdf that shows what the "Panel Options..." look like on my machine.

If these two things are check I will see the same info as you do in CS4.

Attachments

• Panel Options.jpg
    Panel Options.jpg
    17.9 KB · Views: 193
With the "Links" panel open click on the menu button and select "Panel Options..."

Make sure that both "Show Column" and "Show in Link Info" is selected.

I've attached a pdf that shows what the "Panel Options..." look like on my machine.

If these two things are check I will see the same info as you do in CS4.

Thanks, thats exactly what I wanted. Not sure why its not set that way be default. I just want it to show any indication that the link is missing or modified and not have to check preflight, then back to links and see what file is the one thats needed to be updated/relinked.

Problem solved, thanks again.

Thanks, thats exactly what I wanted. Not sure why its not set that way be default. I just want it to show any indication that the link is missing or modified and not have to check preflight, then back to links and see what file is the one thats needed to be updated/relinked.

Problem solved, thanks again.

Glad I could help.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back