InDesign Problems

sgravel

There is something quirky going on with InDesign. When previewing images and text the bounding box is viewing as an inch off making it hard to select text and images. But, it does print correctly. Any ideas?

Re: InDesign Problems

I would suggest a re-install of InDesign. That's just me though. I'm sure someone else may have the answer you are looking for.

We have re-installed and it didn't help. I thought of deleting the preferences but we can't find them. Where are they?

Can you share the solution so if anyone else runs into the problem they will have an idea of how to fix it. Thanks!

The fastest way to do this for InDesign CS2 (and any CS2 program) is to quit the program, then hold down Command-Option-Shift-Control immediately after starting it up again, and keep those keys held down. (On Windows, hold down Control-Alt-Shift.)

If you mashed on those keys quickly enough, you’ll get an alert when the splash screen appears offering to “Delete InDesign Preferences File?”. Click Yes, but don’t release the modifier keys while you do so, because you’re going to get a second alert to which you should also click Yes.

Now you can release the keys and InDesign will complete the boot-up process with fresh, clean Preferences.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back